Note* – Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
STRESS ECHO INSTRUCTIONS – Please Read These Instructions Carefully
- You may drink a clear liquid meal if desired 3 hours before your test. Please do not eat any solid food within 3 hours of your test time.
- Do wear a TWO piece, comfortable clothing outfit AND bring comfortable walking shoes.
- Do NOT use any lotions or powders in the chest or upper abdominal areas on the day of your test, as this will make it difficult for the electrodes to remain on your chest area.
- Continue to take all of your other medications as directed unless specified by your physician.
- DO NOT take any of the following medications one day prior to coming in for your test:
||CALCIUM CHANNEL BLOCKERS
|Inderal LA||Toprol XL||
- This test will take approximately one hour. For your comfort we recommend that you use the bathroom prior to the start of the study so that no interruptions occur.
- The sonographer will interview you regarding pertinent clinical information related to your study.
- You will be provided with a gown prior to the study.
- The results of the test will be interpreted by our cardiovascular specialist and forwarded to your referring physician. We suggest you contact your physician in three working days for your results and recommendations.
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT
Scheduling and performing this test requires your commitment and cooperation. Once you have committed to a test date and time, it is extremely important that you keep your appointment. If you do find that you can not keep it, we request that you call us at least 24 hours in advance to cancel. It is also important that you be on time for your appointment.
IMPORTANT: If you do not show up for your appointment and you do not cancel with the office staff at least 24 hours in advance, you will be charged $100.00 for the appointment time reserved for you. You will be required to leave an imprint of your credit card for $100.00 to cover the cost of your appointment time in addition to the coordination of personnel to perform this test. This will be returned to you when you arrive for your appointment or if a 24 hour cancellation notice is received. It will be processed only if you fail to cancel 24 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment or if you do not show up for your appointment.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
For your convenience and comfort,
your test will be held in our office at:
1800 Sullivan Ave, Suite 207
Daly City, CA 94015
If you have any questions, please call our office at: 650-992-0463