Note* – Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
EXERCISE ISOTOPE STUDY – Please Read These Instructions Carefully
This is a specialized test for diagnosing heart abnormalities. An IV will be started in your arm to
allow injection of medication. A radioactive Isotope will be injected through the IV and pictures will be taken of your heart.
For the next portion of the study, a technician will attach electrodes to your chest. They will be
connected to an EKG machine, which monitors heart rate and rhythm. You will be asked to
jog on a treadmill until your heart reaches 85% maximum predicted heart rate (calculation based on age, weight and other variables). Your physician may attend this portion of the test. Once your heart rate has increased, more isotopes will be injected through the IV. Pictures will be taken a second time of your heart.
This study will take approximately 4 hours. To avoid any interruptions please make sure to empty your bladder prior to your study.
PREPARATION PRIOR TO PROCEDURE:
- DO NOT SMOKE, DRINK REGULAR OR DECAFFEINATED COFFEE/TEA/SODAS OR CAFFEINATED BEVERAGES FOR 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THE PROCEDURE. DO NOT EAT CHOCOLATE FOR 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THE PROCEDURE.
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING AT LEAST 6 HOURS PRIOR TO THE TEST. YOU MAY HOWEVER HAVE A SMALL AMOUNT OF WATER.
- BRING A LIGHT SNACK (SANDWICH, BEVERAGE, ANYTHING YOU DESIRE). You will be instructed to eat at some point during the test by the nurse.
- IF YOU ARE DIABETIC ON INSULIN OR ORAL HYPOGLYCEMIC MEDICATIONS, you may have juice. If insulin dependent: cut dosage is half. If taking insulin orally: do not take your oral insulin that morning. Bring your Glucometer and your insulin with you at the time of your appointment.
- Please shower or bathe the day of the test. DO NOT apply lotion or powder to your chest.
- Wear loose fitting slacks or shorts, a shirt or blouse with buttons in front, sneakers, or walking shoes. NO METAL UNDERWIRE BRAS.
- The doctor or office may ask you to discontinue certain medications for 24 hours prior to the test.
- Viagra should not be used 24 hours prior to the test.
MEDICATIONS TO AVOID PRIOR TO PERSANTINE/PHARMACOLOGIC STRESS TEST
*** DISCONTINUE FOR 24 HOURS PRIOR TO EXAM***
|CALCIUM CHANNEL BLOCKERS|
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT
Scheduling and performing this test requires your commitment and cooperation. Once you have committed to a test date and time, it is extremely important that you keep your appointment. If you do find that you can not keep it, we request that you call us at least 48 hours in advance to cancel. It is also important that you be on time for your appointment.
IMPORTANT: If you do not show up for your appointment and you do not cancel with the office staff at least 48 hours in advance, you will be charged $300.00 for the appointment time reserved for you. You will be required to leave an imprint of your credit card for $300.00 to cover the cost of your appointment time in addition to the coordination of personnel to perform this test. This will be returned to you when you arrive for your appointment or if a 48 hour cancellation notice is received. It will be processed only if you fail to cancel 48 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment or if you do not show up for your appointment.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
For your convenience and comfort,
your test will be held in our office at:
1800 Sullivan Ave, Suite 207
Daly City, CA 94015
If you have any questions, please call our office at: 650-992-0463